Dr. K’s Philosophy:
At Wake Sports Medicine in Raleigh, NC, we focus entirely on non-surgical and minimally invasive treatments to relieve pain, promote healing, rehabilitate, and prevent future injuries. We understand that the key to a long and healthy lifestyle is to stay active, and we make every attempt to return patients to the quality of life that allows them to enjoy recreational and daily activities they enjoy.
Dr. Kanaan (Dr. K)
Dr. K of Wake Sports Medicine in Raleigh, NC is a board-certifiedsports medicine physician and regenerative medicine specialist. Dr. K is passionate about sports medicine. During his training, he served as an assistant team physician for Duke football, basketball, and lacrosse, in addition to assisting with the Elon University football team’s medical needs. He has published many research projects to advance the field of sports medicine. He is passionate about finding new, cutting-edge ways to help patients return to the activities they love through nonsurgical treatments. During his fellowship training at Duke Sports Medicine, Dr. K received special instruction in musculoskeletal ultrasound to provide more in-depth, accurate diagnostics and treatment to his patients.
In his free time, Dr. K enjoys a wide variety of sports, as well as traveling with his wife and 3 children when he has time away from his practice.
– Nonsurgical techniques such as PRP, Stem Cell Therapy, Ultrasound Guided Injections and Diagnostics, and the treatment of tendonitis, arthritis, and sports injuries.
MEDICAL RESIDENCY AND FELLOWSHIP
-Duke University Medical Center (2009-2013)
-Board Certified in Nonsurgical Sports Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine
- The Age of Ultrasound: It’s expanding role in Musculoskeletal Medicine. Kanaan M. The Triangle Physician Magazine. Sept. 2013
- An Alternative Diagnosis of Shoulder Pain Visualized on Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: Deltoid Insertional Tendinopathy. Tabor, M., Boggess B, Kanaan, M, Toth, A, Berkoff D. Journal of Athletic Enhancement. 2013, 2.4
- Fibrin Glue as a Noninvasive Outpatient Treatment for Post-Arthroscopic Knee Seromas. Berkoff D, Kanaan M, Kamath G. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy. ISSN 0942-2056. Knee Surgery Sports Traumatology Arthroscopy. 2013
- Medical Management of Youth Baseball and Softball Tournaments. Kanaan M, Ray T. Current Sports Medicine Reports. Vol 12- Issue 3.pg. 150-155. 2013
- Bilateral Medial Tibial Stress Fractures Through the Physeal Scars. Siparsky P, Kanaan M, Garret W. Duke Orthopedic Journal. 3(1) : 71-73. 2013