At Wake Sports Medicine we perform non-surgical procedures & regenerative medicine that are designed specifically to heal and “Regenerate” tissue. These include (click links to learn more):
When tissue such as muscle, tendon, ligament or cartilage is injured the body attempts to try and heal the injury through its own repair mechanisms. However, in certain situations (especially in areas where there is lack of blood flow – such as inside and around joints) the body is unable to heal the injury adequately or even at all. This may lead to ongoing pain, weakness, disability, or swelling, catching or locking of a joint. In the world of regenerative medicine we attempt to augment the natural healing process to heal or even “grow back” the damaged tissue.
This may be beneficial for many orthopedic problems including:
- Arthritis of the knee, hip, shoulder or ankle
- Articular cartilage injuries and defects
- Meniscal tears and labral tears
- Tendinopathies and tendon tears (including the Rotator cuff, Patellar Tendon, Achilles tendon, Golfer’s elbow, Tennis elbow)
- Ligament injuries (AC sprains, UCL tears, MCL tears)
- Muscle injuries (strains and tears
At Wake Sports Medicine we focus entirely on non-surgical and minimally invasive treatments to relieve knee pain, promote healing, rehabilitate, and prevent future injuries. We also strongly feel that the key to a long and healthy lifestyle is to stay active, and we make every attempt to return patients to the recreational and competitive activities that they enjoy.
Don’t wait! Contact us today to experience pain relief without the risk of surgery. Call (919)719-2270